Compliance & Governance
Shahrani Law Firm is a leading Saudi law firm in compliance and governance; we advise listed and non-listed companies one
all aspects and compliance as it relates to its sector. So whether it is a financial institution or cooperative insurance
company, or company with public funding (share) we provide professional opinion as to the best means of compliance.
In KSA, the government is taking steps to encourage big family businesses to adopt modern structures and introduce governance
as part of their internal environment. So we assist family businesses in integrating the governance function in their
organizations and be part of their corporate culture. This is a great move/ tool for family businesses to stand and thrive
Compliance to laws regulating you business is a make or break in long-term survival; our lawyers at Shahrani Law Firm with
their excellent local experience in KSA and GCC, having advised local and international multi-billion turnover companies,
and have track record of keeping their clients away from red-lines and troubling issues/cases are best suited to help you
keep compliance requirements in KSA and GCC countries well met.
Services we provide in relation to compliance and governance are ( note: this is a non-comprehensive list):
- Advise on responsibilities / liabilities of Executives and members of the Board of Directors, and delegates.
- Conflicts of Interest.
- Advice on formation and work of compliance and governance committee.
- Drafting regulations, codes of practice and guidance documents.
- Internal controls and audits.
- Transparency & Disclosure requirements in listed and un-listed companies; and regular / non-regular Financial reporting/ announcement requirements.
- Shareholder rights.
- Calls for regular and non-regular ( emergency) general assembly meeting in shareholding companies.
- Pro-actively update clients on new law(s) affecting business compliance & governance.
- Boycott and sanctions.
- Bribery and corrupt practices.
- Money Laundry and Terrorist Financing.
- Holding seminars and making presentation to our clients in relation to compliance & governance, especially in relation new laws affecting their respective business.
- Advising on, and developing, risk management solutions.
- Establishing relations between clients and regulators to help clients enhance their governance & compliance, and have better understanding of off-limit situations.
- Advising on regulatory breaches and potential sanctions.
- Providing Dispute Resolution and litigation services.